featured-image shortcode allows a floating featured image to be placed at the top of a post. Default settings can be entered to simplify the use of the plugin.
When used several parameters are available for use:
- image – to use an image other than the default.
- title – set a title on the image (will appear in the tooltip).
- alt – enter the alt text for when the image cannot be displayed.
- taxonomy – enter a category or tag name or slug to have a hyperlink added to the image.
- is_tag – set to 1 for when the taxonomy should be a tag instead of a category.
List of images can be saved for easy use in future.
This plugin is multisite compatible; each site will need settings to be configured in the admin dashboard.
- Download the plugin from GitHub.
- Upload the entire zip file using the Plugins upload function in your ClassicPress admin panel.
- Activate the plugin.
- Configure relevant settings via the configuration page in the admin control panel (azurecurve menu).
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I translate this plugin?
Yes, the .pot fie is in the plugins languages folder and can also be downloaded from the plugin page on https://development.azurecurve.co.uk; if you do translate this plugin, please sent the .po and .mo files to email@example.com for inclusion in the next version (full credit will be given).
Is this plugin compatible with both WordPress and ClassicPress?
This plugin is developed for ClassicPress, but will likely work on WordPress.
- Fix bug with setting of default options.
- Fix bug with plugin menu.
- Update plugin menu css.
- Rewrite default option creation function to resolve several bugs.
- Fix bug in creation of sub menu.
- Upgrade azurecurve plugin to store available plugins in options.
- Update Update Manager class to v2.0.0.
- Update action link.
- Update azurecurve menu icon with compressed image.
- Fix bug with incorrect language load text domain.
- Add integration with Update Manager for automatic updates.
- Fix issue with display of azurecurve menu.
- Change settings page heading.
- Add load_plugin_textdomain to handle translations.
- Update azurecurve menu for easier maintenance.
- Move require of azurecurve menu below security check.
- Initial release for ClassicPress forked from azurecurve Floating Featured Image WordPress Plugin.
azurecurve was one of the first plugin developers to start developing for ClassicPress; all plugins are available from azurecurve Development and are integrated with the Update Manager plugin by CodePotent for fully integrated, no hassle, updates.
Some of the top plugins available from azurecurve are: