featured-image shortcode allows a floating featured image to be placed at the top of a post. Default settings can be entered to simplify the use of the plugin.
When used several parameters are available for use:
1. image – to use an image other than the default.
2. title – set a title on the image (will appear in the tooltip).
3. alt – enter the alt text for when the image cannot be displayed.
4. taxonomy – enter a category or tag name or slug to have a hyperlink added to the image.
5. is_tag – set to 1 for when the taxonomy should be a tag instead of a category.
List of images can be saved for easy use in future.
This plugin is multisite compatible; each site will need settings to be configured in the admin dashboard.
# Installation Instructions
* Download the plugin from [GitHub](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-floating-featured-image/releases/latest/).
* Upload the entire zip file using the Plugins upload function in your ClassicPress admin panel.
* Activate the plugin.
* Configure relevant settings via the configuration page in the admin control panel (azurecurve menu).
# Frequently Asked Questions
### Can I translate this plugin?
Yes, the .pot fie is in the plugins languages folder and can also be downloaded from the plugin page on https://development.azurecurve.co.uk; if you do translate this plugin, please sent the .po and .mo files to email@example.com for inclusion in the next version (full credit will be given).
### Is this plugin compatible with both WordPress and ClassicPress?
This plugin is developed for ClassicPress, but will likely work on WordPress.
### [Version 1.2.0](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-floating-featured-image/releases/tag/v1.2.0)
* Fix plugin action link to use admin_url() function.
* Rewrite option handling so defaults not stored in database on plugin initialisation.
* Add plugin icon and banner.
* Update azurecurve plugin menu.
* Amend to only load css when shortcode on page.
### [Version 1.1.4](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-floating-featured-image/releases/tag/v1.1.4)
* Fix bug with setting of default options.
* Fix bug with plugin menu.
* Update plugin menu css.
### [Version 1.1.3](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-floating-featured-image/releases/tag/v1.1.3)
* Rewrite default option creation function to resolve several bugs.
* Fix bug in creation of sub menu.
* Upgrade azurecurve plugin to store available plugins in options.
### [Version 1.1.2](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-floating-featured-image/releases/tag/v1.1.2)
* Update Update Manager class to v2.0.0.
* Update action link.
* Update azurecurve menu icon with compressed image.
### [Version 1.1.1](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-floating-featured-image/releases/tag/v1.1.1)
* Fix bug with incorrect language load text domain.
### [Version 1.1.0](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-floating-featured-image/releases/tag/v1.1.0)
* Add integration with Update Manager for automatic updates.
* Fix issue with display of azurecurve menu.
* Change settings page heading.
* Add load_plugin_textdomain to handle translations.
### [Version 1.0.1](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-floating-featured-image/releases/tag/v1.0.1)
* Update azurecurve menu for easier maintenance.
* Move require of azurecurve menu below security check.
### [Version 1.0.0](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-floating-featured-image/releases/tag/v1.0.0)
* Initial release for ClassicPress forked from azurecurve Floating Featured Image WordPress Plugin.
# About azurecurve
**azurecurve** was one of the first plugin developers to start developing for ClassicPress; all plugins are available from [azurecurve Development](https://development.azurecurve.co.uk/) and are integrated with the [Update Manager plugin](https://codepotent.com/classicpress/plugins/update-manager/) by [CodePotent](https://codepotent.com/) for fully integrated, no hassle, updates.
Some of the top plugins available from **azurecurve** are:
* [Add Twitter Cards](https://development.azurecurve.co.uk/classicpress-plugins/add-twitter-cards/)
* [Series Index](https://development.azurecurve.co.uk/classicpress-plugins/series-index/)
* [To Twitter](https://development.azurecurve.co.uk/classicpress-plugins/to-twitter/)
* [Theme Switcher](https://development.azurecurve.co.uk/classicpress-plugins/theme-switcher/)
* [Toggle Show/Hide](https://development.azurecurve.co.uk/classicpress-plugins/toggle-showhide/)