Automate the retrieval of tweets from Twitter and create posts on your ClassicPress site
From Twitter includes the following functionality;
- Search Twitter and create tweets as posts or as a Tweet custom post type.
- Specify the title and content in posts for retrieved tweets.
- Choose whether to save tweet data.
- Choose cron frequency (hourly, twice daily or daily).
- Choose how many tweets to return each time the cron runs (max 100 as per Twitter api).
- Choose whether Tweet images should be downloaded.
Make sure that once all the settings have been configured, you enable the cron job to run on the Cron Settings tab.
This plugin is multisite compatible with each site having its own settings.
- Download the plugin from GitHub.
- Upload the entire zip file using the Plugins upload function in your ClassicPress admin panel.
- Activate the plugin.
- Apply for a Twitter Developer account.
- Create your Twitter application here.
- Configure settings (including your Consumer API Keys and Access Token and Secret) via the configuration page in the admin control panel.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I translate this plugin?
Yes, the .pot fie is in the plugins languages folder and can also be downloaded from the plugin page on https://development.azurecurve.co.uk; if you do translate this plugin, please sent the .po and .mo files to email@example.com for inclusion in the next version (full credit will be given).
Is this plugin compatible with both WordPress and ClassicPress?
This plugin is developed for ClassicPress, but will likely work on WordPress.
- Initial release.
azurecurve was one of the first plugin developers to start developing for ClassicPress; all plugins are available from azurecurve Development and are integrated with the Update Manager plugin by CodePotent for fully integrated, no hassle, updates.
Some of the top plugins available from azurecurve are: