Gets the content of a file from a GitHub repository and outputs using a shortcode.
Settings allow default options, such as author, folder, filename to be specified. Additional options to allow the removal or conversion of WordPress headers in readme.txt files.
Available shortcode parameters:
- account – account on GitHub
- branch – branch to get file from
- folder – folder containing the file
- file – file to get from GitHub repository
- repository – name of GitHub repository
- startfrom – text in file to start outputting from (e.g. # Description)
- htmlastext – 1 to output HTMl as text and 0 to output as HTML
- shortcodesastext – 1 to output shortcodes as text and 0 to output as shortcode
- wordpresstitles – remove/ignore/convert
All parameters except repository can be defined as defaults in settings.
Output is in markdown, but use of a plugin such as Markdown by azurecurve can convert this markdown to HTML markup.
This plugin is multisite compatible; settings need to be configured for each site.
- Download the plugin from GitHub.
- Upload the entire zip file using the Plugins upload function in your ClassicPress admin panel.
- Activate the plugin.
- Configure relevant settings via the configuration page in the admin control panel (azurecurve menu).
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I translate this plugin?
Yes, the .pot fie is in the plugins languages folder and can also be downloaded from the plugin page on https://development.azurecurve.co.uk; if you do translate this plugin, please sent the .po and .mo files to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in the next version (full credit will be given).
Is this plugin compatible with both WordPress and ClassicPress?
This plugin is developed for ClassicPress, but will likely work on WordPress.
- Fix bug with setting of default options.
- Fix bug with plugin menu.
- Update plugin menu css.
- Fix bug with wordpress_title default.
- Replace call to deprecated each PHP function.
- Rewrite default option creation function to resolve several bugs.
- Upgrade azurecurve plugin to store available plugins in options.
- Update Update Manager class to v2.0.0.
- Update azurecurve menu icon with compressed image.
- Initial release.
azurecurve was one of the first plugin developers to start developing for ClassicPress; all plugins are available from azurecurve Development and are integrated with the Update Manager plugin by CodePotent for fully integrated, no hassle, updates.
Some of the top plugins available from azurecurve are: