Nearby creates a table of nearby locations (pages) based on GPS co-ordinates.
Nearby integrates with the following [azurecurve](https://development.azurecurve.co.uk/classicpress-plugins/) plugins:
* [Flags from azurecurve](https://development.azurecurve.co.uk/classicpress-plugins/flags/) allows a location to be set for a page; this will display the location flag next to the location name in the table of nearby attractions.
* [Icons from azurecurve](https://development.azurecurve.co.uk/classicpress-plugins/icons/) allows an icon to be displayed next to a nearby location which has an entry on a timeline (requires integration with Timelines to be enabled).
* [Timelines from azurecurve](https://development.azurecurve.co.uk/classicpress-plugins/timelines/) allows a character (such as *) to be displayed next to a nearby location which has an entry on a timeline.
* [Toggle Show/Hide from azurecurve](https://development.azurecurve.co.uk/classicpress-plugins/toggle-showhide/) allows the table of nearby locations to be enclosed with a toggle.
Apply the [nearby] shortcode to a page with co-ordinates and nearby locations (pages with co-ordinates), based on the settings, will be displayed in a table.
The shortcode accepts two parameters:
* `type` to limit nearby attractions (multiple types can be provided in comma separated string).
* `title` to override the default toggle title.
Example shortcode usage:
[nearby type=”Distilleries” title=”Nearby Distilleries”]
Examples of this plugin in action:
* [coppr|Distilleries To Visit](https://coppr.uk/distilleries/ireland/northern/killowen/)
* [DarkNexus|Tourist Attractions](https://www.darkforge.co.uk/attractions/europe/republic-of-ireland/east/county-meath/newgrange-monument/)
This plugin is multisite compatible; each site will need settings to be configured in the admin dashboard.
# Installation Instructions
* Download the latest release of the plugin from [GitHub](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-nearby/releases/latest/).
* Upload the entire zip file using the Plugins upload function in your ClassicPress admin panel.
* Activate the plugin.
* Configure relevant settings via the configuration page in the admin control panel (azurecurve menu).
# Frequently Asked Questions
### Can I translate this plugin?
Yes, the .pot file is in the plugins languages folder and can also be downloaded from the plugin page on https://development.azurecurve.co.uk; if you do translate this plugin, please sent the .po and .mo files to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in the next version (full credit will be given).
### Is this plugin compatible with both WordPress and ClassicPress?
This plugin is developed for ClassicPress, but will likely work on WordPress.
### [Version 3.0.0](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-nearby/releases/tag/v3.0.0)
* Migrate type, country and co-ordinates data from cp_postmeta to custom table.
* Change text domain to ensure it is unique.
* Update to only load admin css when on plugin settings page.
* Update readme.txt and readme.md.
* Update azurecurve menu.
### [Version 2.5.0](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-nearby/releases/tag/v2.5.0)
* Add uninstall.
* Update azurecurve menu and logo.
### [Version 2.4.4](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-nearby/releases/tag/v2.4.4)
* Fix bug with version number.
### [Version 2.4.3](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-nearby/releases/tag/v2.4.3)
* Fix bug with call to undefined function on settings page.
* Update azurecurve menu.
### [Version 2.4.2](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-nearby/releases/tag/v2.4.2)
* Fix bug with timeline integration not returning correct result.
* Update azurecurve menu.
* Replace azurecurve menu icon with svg.
### [Version 2.4.1](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-nearby/releases/tag/v2.4.1)
* Fix bug with available icons not listing when [Icons](https://development.azurecurve.co.uk/classicpress-plugins/icons/) integration enabled.
### [Version 2.4.0](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-nearby/releases/tag/v2.4.0)
* Add types; allows attractions to have a type set.
* Add **type** parameter to shortcode allowing included attractions to be limited.
* Add **title** parameter to shortcode allowing toggle title to be amended.
* Add plugin links to Integrate settings tab.
* Fix bug with display of selected country in page meta box.
* Fix table display bug when no nearby attractions.
### [Version 2.3.0](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-nearby/releases/tag/v2.3.0)
* Amend call to get country flag.
* Add tabs to admin settings page.
* Integrate with [Icons](https://development.azurecurve.co.uk/classicpress-plugins/icons/) for icon to use as timeline signifier.
### [Version 2.2.0](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-nearby/releases/tag/v2.2.0)
* Fix plugin action link to use admin_url() function.
* Rewrite option handling so defaults not stored in database on plugin initialisation.
* Update azurecurve plugin menu.
* Amend to only load css when shortcode on page.
### [Version 2.1.0](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-nearby/releases/tag/v2.1.0)
* Fix bug in update manager namespace declaration.
* Add integration with [Timelines](https://development.azurecurve.co.uk/classicpress-plugins/timelines/) from [azurecurve](https://development.azurecurve.co.uk/classicpress-plugins/).
* Add plugin icon and banner.
### [Version 2.0.0](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-nearby/releases/tag/v2.0.0)
* Correct typo in maximum-location option which was maximim-locations; settings will need to be updated and saved once update applied.
### [Version 1.2.0](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-nearby/releases/tag/v1.2.0)
* Add 16 point compass with option to toggle from 32 point compass.
### [Version 1.1.0](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-nearby/releases/tag/v1.1.0)
* Add direction for nearby locations using 32 compass points.
* Update CSS to provide more control.
### [Version 1.0.0](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-nearby/releases/tag/v1.0.0)
* Initial release.
# About azurecurve
**azurecurve** was one of the first plugin developers to start developing for ClassicPress; all plugins are available from [azurecurve Development](https://development.azurecurve.co.uk/) and are integrated with the [Update Manager plugin](https://directory.classicpress.net/plugins/update-manager) for fully integrated, no hassle, updates.
Some of the other plugins available from **azurecurve** are:
* Comment Validator – [details](https://development.azurecurve.co.uk/classicpress-plugins/comment-validator/) / [download](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-comment-validator/releases/latest/)
* Estimated Read Time – [details](https://development.azurecurve.co.uk/classicpress-plugins/estimated-read-time/) / [download](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-estimated-read-time/releases/latest/)
* Events – [details](https://development.azurecurve.co.uk/classicpress-plugins/events/) / [download](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-events/releases/latest/)
* Filtered Categories – [details](https://development.azurecurve.co.uk/classicpress-plugins/filtered-categories/) / [download](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-filtered-categories/releases/latest/)
* Flags – [details](https://development.azurecurve.co.uk/classicpress-plugins/flags/) / [download](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-flags/releases/latest/)
* Icons – [details](https://development.azurecurve.co.uk/classicpress-plugins/icons/) / [download](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-icons/releases/latest/)
* Loop Injection – [details](https://development.azurecurve.co.uk/classicpress-plugins/loop-injection/) / [download](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-loop-injection/releases/latest/)
* Page Index – [details](https://development.azurecurve.co.uk/classicpress-plugins/page-index/) / [download](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-page-index/releases/latest/)
* Remove Revisions – [details](https://development.azurecurve.co.uk/classicpress-plugins/remove-revisions/) / [download](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-remove-revisions/releases/latest/)
* Widget Announcements – [details](https://development.azurecurve.co.uk/classicpress-plugins/widget-announcements/) / [download](https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-widget-announcements/releases/latest/)