Nearby creates a table of nearby locations (pages) based on GPS co-ordinates.
Nearby integrates with the following azurecurve plugins:
- Flags from azurecurve allows a location to be set for a page; this will display the location flag next to the location name in the table of nearby attractions.
- Icons from azurecurve allows an icon to be displayed next to a nearby location which has an entry on a timeline (requires integration with Timelines to be enabled).
- Timelines from azurecurve allows a character (such as *) to be displayed next to a nearby location which has an entry on a timeline.
- Toggle Show/Hide from azurecurve allows the table of nearby locations to be enclosed with a toggle.
Apply the [nearby] shortcode to a page with co-ordinates and nearby locations (pages with co-ordinates), based on the settings, will be displayed in a table.
The shortcode accepts two parameters:
- type to limit nearby attractions (multiple types can be provided in comma separated string)
- title to override the default toggle title
Example shortcode usage: [nearby type="Distilleries" title="Nearby Distilleries"]
Examples of this plugin in action:
This plugin is multisite compatible; each site will need settings to be configured in the admin dashboard.
- Download the plugin from GitHub.
- Upload the entire zip file using the Plugins upload function in your ClassicPress admin panel.
- Activate the plugin.
- Configure relevant settings via the configuration page in the admin control panel (azurecurve menu).
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I translate this plugin?
Yes, the .pot file is in the plugins languages folder and can also be downloaded from the plugin page on https://development.azurecurve.co.uk; if you do translate this plugin, please sent the .po and .mo files to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in the next version (full credit will be given).
Is this plugin compatible with both WordPress and ClassicPress?
This plugin is developed for ClassicPress, but will likely work on WordPress.
- Fix bug with version number.
- Fix bug with call to undefined function on settings page.
- Update azurecurve menu.
- Fix bug with timeline integration not returning correct result.
- Update azurecurve menu.
- Replace azurecurve menu icon with svg.
- Fix bug with available icons not listing when Icons integration enabled.
- Add types; allows attractions to have a type set.
- Add type parameter to shortcode allowing included attractions to be limited.
- Add title parameter to shortcode allowing toggle title to be amended.
- Add plugin links to Integrate settings tab.
- Fix bug with display of selected country in page meta box.
- Fix table display bug when no nearby attractions.
- Amend call to get country flag.
- Add tabs to admin settings page.
- Integrate with Icons for icon to use as timeline signifier.
- Fix plugin action link to use admin_url() function.
- Rewrite option handling so defaults not stored in database on plugin initialisation.
- Update azurecurve plugin menu.
- Amend to only load css when shortcode on page.
- Fix bug in update manager namespace declaration.
- Add integration with Timelines from azurecurve.
- Add plugin icon and banner.
- Correct typo in maximum-location option which was maximim-locations; settings will need to be updated and saved once update applied.
- Add 16 point compass with option to toggle from 32 point compass.
- Add direction for nearby locations using 32 compass points.
- Update CSS to provide more control.
- Initial release.
azurecurve was one of the first plugin developers to start developing for ClassicPress; all plugins are available from azurecurve Development and are integrated with the Update Manager plugin by CodePotent for fully integrated, no hassle, updates.
Some of the top plugins available from azurecurve are: