Displays Index of Series Posts using series-index shortcode. This plugin is multi-site compatible and integrates with the Toggle Show/Hide plugin from azurecurve. The shortcode can be used on posts and pages; the format of the index and other options are user configurable through an admin page.
Two custom fields (Series and Series Position) need to be added to each post in the series; these fields are used for selecting the posts and ordering them when the index is displayed; series index post should be Series Position of 0 (this is used for determining the link for the title).
Shortcode [series-index] is placed in the post where you want the index.
Shortcode [series-index-link] can be used in a post a link back to the series index (Series Position = 0) post using the series title as the link text; [series-index-link]alternative text[/series-index-link] to display text different to the series title. title attribute can be used to create link to other series index post; e.g. [series-index-link title=’Implementing Jet Reports’ /].
This plugin is multisite compatible; each site will need settings to be configured in the admin dashboard.
- Download the plugin from GitHub.
- Upload the entire zip file using the Plugins upload function in your ClassicPress admin panel.
- Activate the plugin.
- Configure relevant settings via the configuration page in the admin control panel (azurecurve menu).
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I translate this plugin?
Yes, the .pot fie is in the plugins languages folder and can also be downloaded from the plugin page on https://development.azurecurve.co.uk; if you do translate this plugin, please sent the .po and .mo files to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in the next version (full credit will be given).
Is this plugin compatible with both WordPress and ClassicPress?
This plugin is developed for ClassicPress, but will likely work on WordPress.
- Update Update Manager class to v2.0.0.
- Update action link.
- Update azurecurve menu icon with compressed image.
- Fix bug with series-index shortcode when series title contains apostrophes.
- Fix bug with series-index-link shortcode when series title contains apostrophes.
- Fix bug with selecting series containing apostrophes in series title.
- Fix bug with incorrect language load text domain.
- Add integration with Update Manager for automatic updates.
- Fix issue with display of azurecurve menu.
- Change settings page heading.
- Add load_plugin_textdomain to handle translations.
- Update azurecurve menu for easier maintenance.
- Move require of azurecurve menu below security check.
- Initial release for ClassicPress forked from azurecurve Series Index WordPress Plugin.
- Remove toggle and integrate with Toggle Show/Hide plugin.
azurecurve was one of the first plugin developers to start developing for ClassicPress; all plugins are available from azurecurve Development and are integrated with the Update Manager plugin by CodePotent for fully integrated, no hassle, updates.
Some of the top plugins available from azurecurve are: