Sidebar Login adds a useful login widget which can be used to login from in the sidebar of your ClassicPress powered blog; once a user logs in they are redirected back to the page they logged in from rather than the admin panel (this is configurable).
The following tags can be used in the widget settings for titles and links and will be replaced at runtime:
%username%– logged in users display name
%userid%– logged in users ID
%firstname%– logged in users firstname
%lastname%– logged in users lastname
%name%– logged in users firstname and lastname
%admin_url%– url to WP admin
%logout_url%– logout url
%avatar%– User Avatar
- Due to AJAX not working across different domains (see same_origin_policy), AJAX logins will be disabled if your site it non-SSL, but the FORCE_SSL_ADMIN constant is set to true. Instead it will fallback to a traditional POST.
- Download the plugin from GitHub.
- Upload the entire zip file using the Plugins upload function in your ClassicPress admin panel.
- Activate the plugin.
- Add the widget to a sidebar and configure settings as required.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I translate this plugin?
Yes, the .pot fie is in the plugins languages folder and can also be downloaded from the plugin page on https://development.azurecurve.co.uk; if you do translate this plugin, please sent the .po and .mo files to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in the next version (full credit will be given).
Is this plugin compatible with both WordPress and ClassicPress?
This plugin is developed for ClassicPress, but will likely work on WordPress.
- Update Update Manager class to v2.0.0.
- Update action link.
- Update azurecurve menu icon with compressed image.
- Remove duplicate load language function.
- Add integration with Update Manager for automatic updates.
- Fix issue with display of azurecurve menu.
- Change settings page heading.
- Add load_plugin_textdomain to handle translations.
- Update azurecurve menu for easier maintenance.
- Move require of azurecurve menu below security check.
- Initial release forked from Sidebar Login by Mike Jolley.
- Add option to change size of avatar.
- Remove integration with Buddypress.
azurecurve was one of the first plugin developers to start developing for ClassicPress; all plugins are available from azurecurve Development and are integrated with the Update Manager plugin by CodePotent for fully integrated, no hassle, updates.
Some of the top plugins available from azurecurve are: