Allows posts to be automatically tweeted when they are published or randomly on a schedule.
Mark the Post tweet on publish/update? checkbox to post tweet when the post is published (works for both immediately and scheduled posts.
Set hashtags in the hashtags box; these appear after the tweet.
Save a draft of the post to see auto-generated default tweet and amend if necessary; to regenerate default tweet, clear Tweet field and save draft; post URL is represented by a %s placeholder.
In the settings you can configure default hashtags for categories and tags to be assigned to tweets (dupicates are removed); word replacements can be configured, allowing you to, for example, switch the word
Tweet history can be enabled so you can see when a post was tweeted and what the tweet contained.
Integrates with azurecurve’s URL Shortener for URL in tweet.
Scheduled tweets to automatically post; history of scheduled tweets is available.
This plugin is multisite compatible with each site having its own settings.
- Download the plugin from GitHub.
- Upload the entire zip file using the Plugins upload function in your ClassicPress admin panel.
- Activate the plugin.
- Apply for a Twitter Developer account.
- Create your Twitter application here.
- Configure settings (including your Consumer API Keys and Access Token and Secret) via the configuration page in the admin control panel.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I translate this plugin?
Yes, the .pot fie is in the plugins languages folder and can also be downloaded from the plugin page on https://development.azurecurve.co.uk; if you do translate this plugin, please sent the .po and .mo files to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in the next version (full credit will be given).
Is this plugin compatible with both WordPress and ClassicPress?
This plugin is developed for ClassicPress, but will likely work on WordPress.
- Fix bug with tweet being erased on post save.
- Add option to allow prefix of dit to be added when generated tweet starts with an @.
- Add scheduled tweet of random page.
- Add option to exclude individual posts or pages from random scheduled tweets.
- Fix bug with setting of default options.
- Add scheduled tweets.
- Add scheduled tweet of random post.
- Add azurecurve menu entry.
- Amend Send Tweet to Send Manual tweet.
- Amend Send Manual tweet character counter to count up instead of down.
- Fix bug of Send Manual Tweet counter not counting final character.
- Update Update Manager class to v2.0.0.
- Fix incorrect version number problem.
- Add option to check autopost on new post.
- Add tweet history for posts.
- Add default category hashtags.
- Add default tag hashtags.
- Add word replacement where words in tweet can be replaced with @ or hashtags.
- Record and display history of tweets; includes setting to enable/disable.
- Fix bug with incorrect language load text domain.
- Add integration with Update Manager for automatic updates.
- Add load_plugin_textdomain to handle translations.
- Initial release.
azurecurve was one of the first plugin developers to start developing for ClassicPress; all plugins are available from azurecurve Development and are integrated with the Update Manager plugin by CodePotent for fully integrated, no hassle, updates.
Some of the top plugins available from azurecurve are: