To Twitter includes the following functionality;
- Automatic tweeting of posts and pages to Twitter as they are published.
- Automatic retweeting of posts and pages a user specified period of time after publication.
- Scheduled tweeting of posts and pages on a randomly selected basis at a user specified date and time (each day separately configurable).
- Automatic adding of hashtags to posts and pages (save draft before manually adding any required hashtags).
- Automatic replacement of word or phrases with hashtags (for example, switch the word
- Sending of manual tweets (including tweet threads).
- Sending of scheduled tweets (including tweet threads) at a user specified date and time.
- Support for four media images attached to a tweet from posts, pages, manual and scheduled tweets.
- Integrates with Short URLs from [azurecurve](https://development.azurecurve.co.uk/classicpress-plugins/ for post and page addresses in tweets.
- Retain and view tweet history.
- Links to tweets on Twitter in tweet history.
As scheduled tweets rely on cron for processing, large images can cause timeouts. This can be mitigated by switching off the wp-cron and setting up a cron job on your web host control panel.
This plugin is multisite compatible with each site having its own settings.
- Download the plugin from GitHub.
- Upload the entire zip file using the Plugins upload function in your ClassicPress admin panel.
- Activate the plugin.
- Apply for a Twitter Developer account.
- Create your Twitter application here.
- Configure settings (including your Consumer API Keys and Access Token and Secret) via the configuration page in the admin control panel.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I translate this plugin?
Yes, the .pot fie is in the plugins languages folder and can also be downloaded from the plugin page on https://development.azurecurve.co.uk; if you do translate this plugin, please sent the .po and .mo files to email@example.com for inclusion in the next version (full credit will be given).
Is this plugin compatible with both WordPress and ClassicPress?
This plugin is developed for ClassicPress, but will likely work on WordPress.
- Remove debug code.
- Add manual tweets to history (when option to record history is set).
- Add link to Twitter for tweets on all history sections and pages.
- Add thread support to manual tweets.
- Add thread support to scheduled tweets.
- Update send tweet to record id of sent tweet.
- Fix bug with tweet of scheduled post tweet not recording history when tweet send failed.
- Fix bug with tweet history either not recording full history or not displaying full history.
- Fix incorrect download link.
- Add image media upload to posts, pages, manual and scheduled tweets (up to four images supported).
- Fix bug with empty array when reloading post.
- Add function to handle multilevel default options correctly.
- Fix plugin action link to use admin_url() function.
- Rewrite option handling so defaults not stored in database on plugin initialisation.
- Add plugin icon and banner.
- Update azurecurve plugin menu.
- Add options to limit number of times a post/page can be automatically tweeted on a schedule.
- Fix bug with selection of posts/pages to exclude from scheduled tweets.
- Fix bug with scheduled post tweet duplicating content.
- Fix bug with select of scheduled tweet.
- Fix bug with scheduled tweets not including post title.
- Add tweet history page (only shown when keep tweet history option set.
- Fix bug with tweet format when option not set.
- Add options for default post and page tweet formats.
- Add All to categories selection for scheduled posts.
- Add tags for selection for scheduled posts.
- Fix bug with scheduled page tags joining onto URL.
- Fix bug with setting of default options.
- Fix bug with plugin menu.
- Update plugin menu css.
- Add missing registration hooks to restart scheduled tasks.
- Rewrite default option creation function to resolve several bugs.
- Upgrade azurecurve plugin to store available plugins in options.
- Improve handling of duplicate tags.
- Add function allowing retweets on delay after original tweet of post or pages.
- Fix bugs produced and visible in debug mode for new settings.
- Fix bug with tweet being erased on post save.
- Add option to allow prefix of dit to be added when generated tweet starts with an @.
- Add scheduled tweet of random page.
- Add option to exclude individual posts or pages from random scheduled tweets.
- Fix bug with setting of default options.
- Add scheduled tweets.
- Add scheduled tweet of random post.
- Add azurecurve menu entry.
- Amend Send Tweet to Send Manual tweet.
- Amend Send Manual tweet character counter to count up instead of down.
- Fix bug of Send Manual Tweet counter not counting final character.
- Update Update Manager class to v2.0.0.
- Fix incorrect version number problem.
- Add option to check autopost on new post.
- Add tweet history for posts.
- Add default category hashtags.
- Add default tag hashtags.
- Add word replacement where words in tweet can be replaced with @ or hashtags.
- Record and display history of tweets; includes setting to enable/disable.
- Fix bug with incorrect language load text domain.
- Add integration with Update Manager for automatic updates.
- Add load_plugin_textdomain to handle translations.
- Initial release.
azurecurve was one of the first plugin developers to start developing for ClassicPress; all plugins are available from azurecurve Development and are integrated with the Update Manager plugin by CodePotent for fully integrated, no hassle, updates.
Some of the top plugins available from azurecurve are: