Announce holidays, events, achievements and notable historical figures in a widget.
Announcements can be made:
- One off
- Good Friday
- Easter Sunday
- Easter Monday
- Monthly on the nth day (e.g. 2nd Wednesday)
- Annually on the nth day of the month (e.g. 4th Thursday November)
Announcements are created as a custom post type and can have details, an image and additional text after the image.
- Download the plugin from GitHub.
- Upload the entire zip file using the Plugins upload function in your ClassicPress admin panel.
- Activate the plugin.
- Configure relevant settings via the settings page in the admin control panel (azurecurve menu).
- Create new announcement in the custom post type.
- Add widget to widget area and select category.
- Widget displayed on front end when announcement meets date criteria.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I translate this plugin?
Yes, the .pot fie is in the plugins languages folder and can also be downloaded from the plugin page on https://development.azurecurve.co.uk; if you do translate this plugin, please sent the .po and .mo files to email@example.com for inclusion in the next version (full credit will be given).
Is this plugin compatible with both WordPress and ClassicPress?
This plugin is developed for ClassicPress, but will likely work on WordPress.
- Replace plugin logo and add to settings page.
- Add integration with Toggle Show/Hide from azurecurve for read more toggle in announcements.
- Add uninstall function.
- Refactor settings page.
- Compress banners, icons and screenshots.
- Fix To Twitter integration check.
- Remove extraneous code.
- Fix incorrect default options.
- Fix bug with To Twitter checked.
- Add integration with To Twitter from azurecurve for automatic tweeting and retweeting of announcements.
- Fix bug with population of default options.
- Fix incorrect download link.
- Update handling of announcement image in widget.
- Add default size for announcement image in widget.
- Fix bug with excerpt label changing for all post types, not just the custom post type.
- Initial release.
azurecurve was one of the first plugin developers to start developing for ClassicPress; all plugins are available from azurecurve Development and are integrated with the Update Manager plugin by CodePotent for fully integrated, no hassle, updates.
Some of the top plugins available from azurecurve are: